Maria DiCarlo's Blog
More Info on this Property | New Listing Alerts
If your house is on the market or you're preparing to put it up for sale, you probably feel like you have 101 things to do!
Fortunately, the list is much smaller than that and you can enlist the help of a real estate agent to handle many of the details.
To increase your chances for a fast sale, your agent will offer you suggestions on ways to enhance the eye appeal and curb appeal of your home. Although many of the things they point out may seem minor and superficial, the cumulative effect they'll have on the marketability of your home could be significant.
Minor flaws will be noticed by potential buyers and could easily give them the impression that your home hasn't been updated, properly maintained, and well taken care of. While that may not be true, remember that presentation is everything. And, if I may slip in one more old, but true cliché: "You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression!" That is as true in real estate sales as it is in making sure you're breath is fresh!
With that in mind, here's a list of some of the relatively inexpensive improvements you can make that will help you favorably impress prospective home buyers.
- There are a lot of cheap or relatively inexpensive repairs you can make, such as repairing and painting over damaged walls, oiling squeaky hinges, and replacing cracked windows and bathroom tiles. Toilets that run and faucets that leak are other examples of minor problems that can make a bad impression on potential buyers.
- Lighting, both natural and artificial, sets the mood in a room and can have an impact on how people perceive your home. It's usually advisable to let in as much natural light as possible and increase the wattage of lightbulbs in dark rooms and hallways. On the other hand, harsh lightening can also make an unfavorable impression, so it's necessary to find the perfect balance between glaring and dreary lighting. Most real estate agents are attuned to minor (or major) changes that need to be made to elements like lighting, décor, and furniture arrangement.
- Avoid the appearance of clutter, disorganization, and chaos in any part of your home! This would apply to everything from closets and cabinets to counter-tops, desks, and bedroom dressers. If your basement or attic is a "disaster area," that could reflect negatively on you and the attractiveness of your home. A good, general rule-of-thumb for controlling clutter is "less is more."
- Be prepared to do at least a little painting and a lot of cleaning to prepare your house for successful showings. A certain amount of landscaping and lawn care is also necessary, with tasks such as mowing, pruning, and weeding at the top of the list.
57 Locust St, Lynnfield, MA 01940
57 Locust St, Lynnfield, MA 01940
If you recently purchased a home in a new city or town, you may need to act quickly to ensure cable services are installed immediately following your move. Lucky for you, we're here to help you assess cable services providers so that you can find one that exceeds your expectations.
Now, let's take a look at three best practices as you evaluate cable services providers.
1. Think About the Services That You Will Need
Many cable services providers are available, and no two services providers are exactly alike. As such, you'll want to examine which cable services that you need, along with which services that you can live without.
For example, a hardcore football fan likely will need a cable services package that makes it easy to watch plenty of pigskin action. On the other hand, a political news follower may want a cable services package that delivers up-to-the-minute Capitol Hill news coverage.
Ask each cable services provider about the packages that it provides, along with which channels are included in each package. That way, you'll be better equipped than ever before to make an informed cable services purchase decision.
2. Consider Your Budget
Cable services packages may vary from basic packages that include a handful of channels to complete bundles that feature thousands of channels. Meanwhile, cable services providers offer packages at different price points, and you'll want to find a package that guarantees you won't have to break your monthly budget to afford cable services.
In some instances, cable services providers offer discounts to customers who sign multi-year agreements. Keep in mind, however, that if you sign a multi-year agreement, you're committed to the terms of this pact for a few years. And if you need to break the agreement, you may be hit with a cancellation fee.
Furthermore, many cable services providers offer internet and phone services. If you decide to combine your cable services with internet and phone offerings, you may be able to receive a discounted bundle rate.
3. Consult with a Real Estate Agent
Separating one cable services provider from another can be difficult, particularly for those with limited time and resources at their disposal. If you collaborate with a real estate agent, you can gain expert insights into different cable services companies and boost your chances of making the best possible selection.
A real estate agent is happy to connect you with top cable services providers in various cities and towns. By doing so, this housing market professional can ensure you can seamlessly set up cable services at any address, at any time.
Let's not forget about the support that a real estate agent can provide throughout the homebuying journey, either. A real estate agent can schedule home showings, negotiate with a seller's agent on your behalf and much more.
There is no need to worry about getting the best cable services at your new home. Use the aforementioned best practices, and you can should have no trouble finding a top-notch cable services provider prior to moving day.